- Technical knowledge and experience of the Linux kernel and networking.
- Strong understanding of the OpenStack architecture and administration experience across all working components.
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Demonstrated customer service experience or prior technical support experience; desire to go above and beyond in assisting customers.
- Ability to manage and grow existing enterprise customer and partner relationships by delivering high-quality support.
- Red Hat certification like Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack, and Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), or willingness to pursue certificate within first 90 days.
The following will be considered a plus:
• Experience with software defined networking (SDN), network function virtualization (NFV), and cloud networking.
• Experience in the telecommunications industry and understanding of relevant terminology and product solutions.
• Scripting or programming experience in languages like Bash, C, or Python.
• Knowledge of Open vSwitch and DPDK, OpenDaylight.
• Knowledge in application profiling and tuning (perf, strace, ftrace, trace-cmd).
• Advanced network troubleshooting skills, deep understanding of all networking layers (ISO/OSI model + TCP/IP).
• Experience in the networking field, Cisco CCNP certification or similar.
• Familiarity with Red Hat’s enterprise solutions portfolio and related industry offerings.
• Experience with a variety of network equipment vendors (Cisco, Arista, HP, Dell) and different types of appliances (switches, routers, firewalls).
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within the enterprise IT sector:
5+ years of Linux or UNIX system administration.
- Ability to deal with rapid change and limited structure.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new open source technologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills.